Welcome to Winter Festival Amsterdam! Come to Amsterdam during the winter season and enjoy the many winter activities in one of the most beautiful European cities. After more than a year of restrictions due to the global corona pandemic, we are ready for a cosy winter with great events in Amsterdam. This year the winter activities start on Saturday 13 November 2021 and last until Sunday 30 January 2022. Let us be your guide for your visit.
Corona / COVID19 update
On Friday 26 November, new measures were announced to limit the spread of the coronavirus. Fortunately, it is not a hard lockdown, but there are important measures. Below, we have briefly described the most important measures. On Tuesday evening, December 14, there will probably be another press conference to see if and what measures are needed after December 17. Follow us on Facebook and Instagram to stay up to date.
- The new measures will apply from 28 November to 17 December 2021.
- Restaurants, shops, attractions, museums and events will close at 5pm.
- During the day, the canal cruises, attractions, museums have limited capacity. Book in our ticketshop.
- After 5 p.m. you can still go out and restaurants can offer take-away and delivery services
- The Coronapas QR code is mandatory at museums, ice rinks, canal cruises, attractions, restaurants, etc.
- In indoor locations, a mouth mask must be worn when walking.
- The Light Festival Amsterdam has permission to continue! How is not yet known.
- The (evening) canal cruise through Amsterdam sails every day between 10.00 – 17.00 hours.
- Ice rink on the Museumplein in Amsterdam is open every day from 10.00 – 17.00 hrs.
- It is not yet known if and when the skating rink on the Rembrandtplein will open.
- Visit the official website of rijksoverheid.nl for more information
The winter season is the best times to visit Amsterdam. The cozy canals in combination with the many lights makes the city the ideal location for a great city trip. Many events and activities are organized such as an evening canal cruise, the Amsterdam Christmas markets and the various Ice Skating rings and winter events. Come to Amsterdam this winter and enjoy the Dutch hospitality. Amsterdam has many great attractions and museums in the city centre and because they are covered, winter is the ideal season to visit these locations.
Winter Festival 2021/2022
- Top 5 activities during a citytrip to Amsterdam in Winter.
- Go for convenience and savings with the Winter Card Amsterdam.
- View the map of Winter Festival Amsterdam.
- Enjoy Amsterdam at night with a evening canal cruise.
- Go ice skating in Amsterdam.
- Enjoy the most beautiful works of light art during Light Festival Amsterdam.
- Visit winter events such as Ice*Amsterdam and Winter Paradise Amsterdam.
- Have an ice-cold drink at the Ice Bar Amsterdam.
- Do your Christmas shopping in one of Amsterdam’s shopping areas.
- Enjoy the Christmas atmosphere at one of Amsterdam’s Christmas markets.
- Take a selfie with the big Christmas tree at Dam Square.
- See the animals of Artis (Amsterdam Zoo) in winter.
- Hotels in Amsterdam during Winter Festival.
- Read our tips for travelling in Amsterdam.
- Are you travelling by plane? Then read our tips and advice about Amsterdam Airport Schiphol.
- When gets it dark in Amsterdam during winter?
- Visit the best museums and attractions in the centre of Amsterdam.